Senior Buyer - 11.07.2022
DUNA CORRADINI is looking for a SENIOR BUYER within the Purchasing Department, at the Company Headquarters in Soliera. The role will report directly to the Purchasing Manager and will be responsible to execute strategic sourcing to support the company's production activities, managing the services and products’ purchasing (raw materials, semi-finished products, packaging material and consumables), manage the relations with suppliers and the negotiation for purchase and supply conditions.
In addition to coordinating activities and operational processes, the candidate will be accountable for the development of a strategic purchasing plan focused on national and international markets, aiming at cost optimization and increase of delivery efficiency and selected goods and services’ quality.
- Carry out the negotiation of the best economic and contractual conditions (times, costs, supply and delivery methods) under the instructions of the Purchasing Manager and in compliance with the Company guidelines and objectives, upon the collection and evaluation of at least three quotations for the assignment of the supply contract
- Plan and fulfill orders for the procurement of chemical raw materials, laboratory equipment, certifications and disposals, according to the supply plans approved by the Purchasing Manager and the procurement requests from the various internal Departments
- Carry out research, selection and evaluation of suppliers, also through participation in national and international trade fairs, and monitor conditions, regulations or restrictions that may compromise the conclusion or regular fulfillment of the supply contracts
- Propose projects for the continuous improvement of procurement activities and his/her areas of responsibility, able to achieve the set objectives of cost savings and quality of service
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain and the Purchasing Manager to monitor production needs (consumption, forecasts, business strategies and stock level) to ensure multiple supply, continuity of production and competitiveness of company offers, while minimizing the risk of production downtime in case of force majeure or other impediment of the supplier
- Degree or diploma in chemistry or similar
- 3-5 years of experience as Buyer in the chemical field or in structured industrial companies, involved in chemical products negotiation
- Knowledge of procurement logics and negotiation techniques
- Result orientation
- Excellent use of the MS Office package and ERP systems
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of the French is considered a plus
Soliera (MO, Italy)
Since 1957 DUNA-CORRADINI S.P.A. operates in the field of fine chemistry, specialized in the production and supply of polyurethane foam in blocks, sheets and special pieces, liquid systems, polyurethane adhesives and epoxy resins. DUNA CORRADINI represents the Headquarters of the DUNA Group and it’s located in Soliera (Modena, IT) where the Production plant and the Research and Development Laboratory are to be found. The DUNA Group also includes DUNA-USA, with fields in Texas and Michigan, and DUNA-EMIRATES LLC FZC in the Arab Emirate of Fujairah, both active in the Chemicals sector too. The DUNAPACK Division, based in Soliera, deals with the production and provision of on-demand packaging solutions for industrial sectors. Find out more here