Scenic, film and theming carvable foams.
CORAFOAM® Prop Foam for Prop Building
CORAFOAM® R-series Polyisocyanurate Foam is a new series of Prop Foam developed specifically for the carving industry. This new product line includes Prop Foams dedicated to set and stage design or scenography. CORAFOAM® Prop Foam is specifically designed for the scenic, theming and film industries. Thanks to its desirable properties, Prop Foam is suitable for applications requiring strength and a higher level of detail not achievable with styrene. Prop Foam can be easily carved by both machine or hand (but not hot wire), making it a versatile product for sculpting.
CORAFOAM® Prop Foam: R-Series product range.
CORAFOAM® Prop Foam R-Series includes three products, different in density and thickness range, and each with a unique maximum block size.
- R20 Prop Foam
Available up to 24” thick with a density of 2lb/ft³
- R40 Prop Foam
Mid-range density Prop Foam with a maximum thickness of 18” and a density of 4lb/ft³
- R60 Prop Foam
Densest Prop Foam available at 6 lb/ft³ with a maximum thickness of 12”
Prop Foam specs table:
|Product||Density (lb/ft³)||Sheet Size||Thickness|
|R20||2||48" x 96"||Up to 24"|
|R40||4||48" x 96"||Up to 18"|
|R60||6||48" x 96"||Up to 12"|
CORAFOAM® R-Series: main features of DUNA USA Prop Foam.
Prop building material require a few property to give set scenographer freedom in realizing great design with a high level of accuracy, stability and ductility.
For high level props to be built, DUNA USA foam has these main features:
- consistency is grain free, which makes Prop Foam easy to carve;
- bonding Prop Foam blocks is simple and allows to design large scale props;
- while being a high strength material, Prop Foam remains lightweight;
- CORAFOAM® Prop Foam is compatible with most coatings, which makes it easy to meet design requirements;
- Prop Foam is non-toxic (dust mask are still recommended to prevent inhalations);
- thanks to its closed-cell, Prop Foam does not absorb water.
CORAFOAM® Prop Foam: product applications.
As a versatile, high-performance material, Prop Foam enables designers to create props for several applications:
- Foam Props: Prop Foam is perfect for creating props of different sizes and shapes. Prop Foam is also compatible with almost any type of coatings making the possibilities limitless.
- Set design: with Prop Foam, you can easily sculpt stage props and scenery. Prop Foam’s large sheet sizes make it easy to product large-scale scenic elements, from a single block of foam or by bonding multiple blocks together.
- Large-scale characters: large blocks of Prop Foam are easy to move and fabricate. Animals and antique statue replicas can be easily fabricated and transported, with greater strength than typical styrene products.
- Molds and Plugs: Prop Foam can be used as a vacuum form plug. Mold making with R-series Prop Foam lets you recreate a perfect copy of any original subject.
- Museum Exhibits: Foam Props represent a valuable tool when it comes to recreating scenery or temporary stages for museum exhibits.
- Sculpting Foam: with Prop Foam, it is easy to create complex shapes and carve highly detailed sculptures.
- Prop Building: Foam can be used as a prop material or it can support the prop building process.
+1 281-383-3862 | Toll free:866-383-DUNA
Get in touch to know more about PROP FOAM!